Sunday 31 August 2014

Hopefully underway

After being holed up in a Kerikeri motel for three nights I hope to be on my way to Norfolk Island tomorrow. The torrential rain that has caused flooding in parts of Northland has finally eased and it's now calm(er) and dry.  At 10:30am I've booked Customs to come to the airport and "sign me out" and then I need to make a reasonably prompt departure after that.

The following photos were taken prior to leaving Paraparaumu during a practice run to make sure I had packed everything. I'm wearing a buoyancy suit and inflatable life jacket with a Personal Locator Beacon attached to the jacket.  On the seat beside me is the 40 litre fuel bladder that gives me approx. 1.2hrs extra fuel.  What's not shown is the self inflating life raft that is contained within a bag about the size of a laptop bag. That's secured by a quick release strap in the passenger foot well with a grab bag containing a first aid kit, water and other survival items.


No comments:

Post a Comment