Monday 12 August 2019

It’s time for another adventure

3 or 4 months ago my good friend Shelley Ross told me of a route across the Australian continent she was planning and invited me to tag along.  As the route involved a week in the Kimberley region in the North West it was hard to resist.

For a long time I’ve been telling my good flying buddy Simon Ford that he needed to do a flying trip in Australia. It’s so different to what we’re used to here in New Zealand.  With a bit of “gentle but consistent pressure” on Simon (and our wives, Sharon and Lynette for a leave pass) my objective was realised.  Simon agreed to join me and we both received weary domestic approval to proceed - planning began immediately!

What Shelley doesn’t know about touring in the outback doesn’t matter and the route she had planned was superb.  However, there was a few favourite places of mine that I’ve been telling Simon for years that I wanted to show him that weren’t included.  Shelley has invited other pilots to join our small group so what’s evolved is a bit of a gypsy caravan tour with pilots and aircraft coming and going as we traverse the great dusty Australian continent.  It will be great fun with an eclectic mix of people, planes and destinations.  I can’t wait - come along for the ride ...

Simon & Peter





No comments:

Post a Comment